Integrated Port Logistics Chair Adjunct ProfessorYoshihiro KAWAI
- 【Specialized Fields】
- International Management, Finance, Public Policies, Leadership
- Global Logistics and Maritime Transport / Trade
- CITY UNIVERSITY London, 1996-2000 Ph.D. degree in financial regulation, insurance theory.
INSEAD, Fontainebleau, 1990-1991 M.B.A. degree, Specialisation in Economics and Finance.
UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO, Tokyo, 1979-83 B.A. degree in Education and Sociology.
CHINA BANKING AND INSURANcE REGULATORY COMMISSION (CBIRC),
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COUNCIL (IAC) Beijing, Member (2019 - present)
ORGANISATION FOR ECONOMIC CO-OPETATION AND DEVELOPMENT (OECD) Paris, Chairman, Insurance and Private Pensions Committee (2019 - present)
JAPAN FINANCIAL SERVICES AGENCY Tokyo, Advisor to the Commissioner (2019 - present)
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE SUPERVISORS (IAIS), Basel Secretary General (2003 - 2017), Deputy Secretary General (1998-2003).
Financial Stability Board (FSB) (Financial Stability Forum (FSF) until 2009),IAIS representative to FSB (FSF) (2003-2017).
POLISHGOVERNMENT, Warsaw Advisor to the Minister of Finance and the President of the Insurance Supervisory Authority (1995-1998).
OECD, Paris Secretariat for the Insurance Committee (1991-1995).
TOKIO MARINE AND FIRE INSURANCE CO., Tokyo Public Services Department, Deputy Director (1989-1990).
MINISTRY OF LABOUR, Tokyo Employment Security Bureau, Manager (1987-1989).
TOKIO MARINE AND FIRE INSURANCE CO., Saitama Saitama Branch、 Management Division (1983-1987).
- -Life Insurance: 2025 cliff is an opportunity to improve competitiveness (May 2020, Nikkei news article).
-Secure Base Leadership – Respect colleagues and bring out the best in your team（June 2020, Harvard Business Review (Japanese edition)）.
-International Financial Regulation (April 5- April 19, 2016 Nihon Keizai Shinbun Seminar column).
-Recent Development of International Insurance Regulatory System (from 2000 to present, every or every two years, Songaihoken Kenkyu, Japan).
Recovery and Resolution Plan for Global Systemically Important Insurers (June 2014, Kinyu Zeisei Jijyo).
-The globalisation of insurance: A supervisory response (co-authored with Peter Windsor, spring 2013, Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions Volume Six Number Two, Henry Stewart Publications, United Kingdom).
-Recovery and resolution plan – G20 initiative – (23 September 2011, Nihon Keizai Shinbun Keizai Kyoshitsu, Japan).
-International convergence of solvency assessment (September 2005, Solvency II Handbook, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany).
-IAIS and Recent Developments in Insurance Regulation (January 2005, The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Volume 30, Switzerland).
-Stability of the Japanese Financial System (7 April 2001, Nihon Keizai Shinbun – Jiron, Japan).
-The Reform of Insurance supervisory systems for economies in transition (January 2000, Ph.D. thesis, City University, United Kingdom).
- Prior to creating an international organisation and leading it as a Secretary General for 20 years, I have gained considerable professional experience having worked within the private sector, for Japanese and foreign governments and with international organisations. I would welcome the opportunity to draw upon my extensive experience and knowledge to help those students who wish to pursue an international career.