1. Personal Information
"Personal information" means "personal information" as used in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and refers to information relating to a living individual, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions whereby specific individual can be identified, as well as information that can identify a specific individual from the information itself (personal identification information), including data on appearance, fingerprints and voice prints, and data on the insurer number of a health insurance card.
2. Collection and retention of personal information
- GSM shall use legitimate and fair means when collecting personal information.
- GSM shall retain personal information for administrative purposes only and within the limits of clearly defined objectives.
- When collecting personal information, GSM shall disclose the intended use for such information and the person(s) to be in charge of managing the information obtained.
3. Use of personal information
- Unless required by law, GSM shall not use personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected or pass it on to a third party.
- Unless required by law, GSM shall not submit personal information to a third party without prior consent from the subject of that information.
- When submitting personal information to a third party as required by law, or outsourcing a task that involves the use of such information, GSM shall assess, in advance, the privacy protection and information management capabilities of the party in question, and ensure that its handling of the entrusted information is subject to adequate supervision.
4. Management of personal information
In order to ensure the accuracy of the personal information it has obtained, and to safeguard such information against loss, destruction, falsification, or improper dissemination, GSM shall have security measures in place aimed at blocking unauthorized access and avoiding computer viruses.
5. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of personal information
GSM shall strive to ensure that those whose personal information is in its possession are aware of their rights to request the disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and deletion of that information, and to promptly respond to such requests in accordance with the Regulations.
Comments and questions about GSM’s handling of personal information may be directed to the General Affairs Office of Graduate School of Economics, Kyoto University (040soumu[at] mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp, replacing [at] with @).
In addition to this Policy, the handling of personal information at GSM is subject to the terms of the Regulations.
7. Google Analytics
Google Analytics services are employed to collect and analyze usage data for the purpose of website improvement. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies. To learn about how Google Analytics handles personal information, see this page .