Requesting Certificates

Current students and graduates can request certificates and pay the fee online via the Certificate Issuing Service. The certificates can be obtained either electronically or can be printed out at convenience stores across Japan.

  • A commission fee is charged for the service.
  • The types of certificates that are available in this service are:
    Certificate of Completion / Academic Transcript / Certificate of Withdrawal.
    If you need a certificate other than the above or need to have it strictly sealed, please contact the GSM Office.
  • A Degree Certificate is issued by the university’s head office. Please find details here. For inquiries, contact the Educational Planning Division.
  • Non-regular students such as non-degree students and research students cannot use this service. Please obtain the certificate over the counter or by post.

Requesting other types of certificate or sealed certificate (overseas)

In case you need a printed certificate to be sealed in an envelope or a certificate that cannot be issued via the Certificate Issuing Service mentioned above, we will mail it by international express service. The cost must be paid by the recipient. Please contact the GSM Office for details.

Receiving by post (in Japan)

Please mail the following items to the GSM Office.

  1. 1. Request form for Certificate

    Download the request form: [PDF] [Excel]

  2. 2. Photocopy of your passport
  3. 3. Return envelopes and stamps

    Postage must be paid by you. Your address and postage stamp should be on the envelope.

Size of Envelope Number of Certificates Stamp to be attached to envelope
Cho-kei No.3 長形3号 (120 x 235mm) up to 4 sheets 84 yen
up to 9 sheets 94 yen
B5 size / Kaku-gata No.3 角形3号(216 x 277mm)
*for a request of sealed certificates
up to 3 sheets 120 yen
up to 9 sheets 140 yen

*If you wish to have an express delivery, please add 290 yen stamps to the above postage and clearly indicate on the return envelope that you wish to have an express delivery.

Mailing address
Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University
Yoshida-Honmachi, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8501, JAPAN

Receiving in person

You can also request certificates at the GSM Office. Submit the request form and your ID to the GSM Office either via email or at the counter.
There is no commission fee for the service.

Receiving in person
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (except national holidays and June 18th)
The office may be closed for other reasons. Please contact us in advance.
Time required to issue
Certificate will be issued and shipped within three business days from the date of receipt of the request form.
What you need in order to receive the certificate
Your official identification such as passport, residence card, driver’s license, health insurance card.

In case you wish to have a proxy to receive the certificate, the following items are required:

  1. 1.A letter of authorization (must be signed by you) sample letter
  2. 2.A copy of your official ID (e.g. passport, residence card, driver’s license, health insurance card)
  3. 3.The proxy’s official ID (e.g. passport, residence card, driver’s license, health insurance card)