- The Graduate School of Management (the GSM) was established.
- Three programs were established; The Business Creation and Revitalization Program, The Project Operations Management Program, and The Financial Risk Management Program.
- Mizuho Securities Chair was transferred from the Graduate School of Economics.
- UFJ Capital Chair was transferred from the Graduate School of Economics.
- The Financial Risk Management Program was renamed the Finance and Accounting Program.
- Cooperative agreement established with the Ministry of Land, infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) City and Regional Development Bureau.
- Visiting Chair for Urban/Regional Management was established.
- Intensive Short-term Program to Support the Reeducation of Accounting Specialists was commissioned as part of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) project of the Education Promotion Program for the Needs to Reeducate Working People.
- Training for Finance and Accounting Personnel with International Competitiveness was commissioned as part of the MEXT project of the Educational Reform Support Program for Universities and Graduate School.
- A one-and-a-half-year course was established for the Finance and Accounting Program.
- Cooperative agreements established with the MLIT Road Bureau and River Bureau.
- The Center for Research in Business Administration was established.
- A comprehensive collaboration agreement was established with Keio University and Kobe University.
- Visiting Chair for National Land Management was established.
- The Service Value Creation Program was established.
- Visiting Chair for Project Finance was established.
- Received ABEST21 accreditation with an “excellent” rating.
- The Financial Risk Management Program and Finance and Accounting Program were integrated and reorganized into a new Finance and Accounting Program.
- The International Project Management Course (IPROMAC) was established.
- Human Resource Development for Asian Business Endowed Course was established.
- Collaborative Graduate Program in Design was commissioned as part of the MEXT project of the Program For Leading Graduate School, and a Design Studies Unit was established in corporation with the Graduate School of Informatics.
- Finance Endowment Research Center (Asuka Asset) was established.
- Road Asset Management Policy Chair was established.
- The Business Creation and Revitalization Program was renamed the Business Leadership Program.
- City and Town Management by Public-Private Partnership was established.
- Collaborative Research Chair for Asian Business Leader Development was established.
- A double degree program with the National Taiwan University was established.
- Integrated Port Logistics Chair was established.
- Opened the program GTEP (Global Technology Entrepreneurship Program) Nurturing Program for Entrepreneurs.
- The Adult Education Initiative for Business Professionals was adopted as a project of MEXT.
- Started Educational Research about Brain Education as an ImPACT (Impulsing Paradigm Change through Disruptive Technologies Program).
- Re-Accredited by ABEST21 with an “excellent” rating.
- The Doctoral course (the Department of Management Science) was established.
- ABeam Consulting Ltd. Endowed Course was established.
- Global Social Entrepreneurship Endowed Course was established.
- Kyoto Valley for Manufacturing and Innovation (JOHNAN) Course was established.
- PLUTUS CONSULTING Endowed Course was established.
- MBA in Tourism Education Program Development started.
- The MEXT commissioned research on the core curriculum in professional graduate schools (business schools) as part of a Program to Promote the Development of Service Innovation Specialists.
- The Tourism and Hospitality Management Course was established.
- The Service Value Creation Program was renamed the Service and Hospitality Program.
- Practice of Informatics for Business Chair was established.
- The Kyoto-Cornell International Collaborative Degree Opportunity (KC-CDO) was established.
- IPROMAC was expanded to the International Business Administration (i-BA) Program and the International Project Management (i-PM) Program.
- Private Equity (Polaris Capital Group) Endowed Course was established.
- Re-Accredited by ABEST21, being recognized as “very promising and excellent.”
- Launched a Double-Degree Program with the University of Hamburg.
- Art, Communication Design and Organizational Management Endowed Course was established.
- The Kyoto Creative Assemblage was selected as a project of MEXT.
- SHIFT (DAAE）Endowed Course was established.
- Brain Healthcare Business Ecosystem Endowed Course was established.
- STRIKE Endowed Lecture was established.
- Collaborative Research Chair for Paradoxical Leadership was established.