Executive education Senior LecturerNao SATO
Service and Hospitality Program
- 【Specialized Fields】
- Organization studies, design, ethnomethodology, ethnography
- Organization and Community Design, Method for Service Creation
- Graduated from the Waseda University and received a Master's Degree from the School of Advanced Science and Engineering. MBA from the Graduate School of Management Kyoto University, PhD from the Kyoto University Graduate School of Informatics. Assistant professor at the Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- Nao Sato. 2021. Revisiting Service Value - An Interaction Analysis of Japanese Bars –, Journal of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, 19 (2), 74-78.
Yutaka Yamauchi, Nao Sato. 2017. User de-centered service design, Serviceology, 3 (4), 10-15.
Nao Sato. 2017. Intersubjective perspective on Sensemaking, Transactions of the Academic Association for Organizational Science, 6 (1), 44-49.
- Nao is interested in culture and values of consumption. Recently, he studies "Bar" through interaction analysis, participatory observation, and historical discourse analysis to understand how its culture and values emerge and change. He is also a first-generation member of Kyoto university design school, where he learned the social design approach.
- 【GSM Administration】
- Committee Member, Committee for Endowed Chairs and Collaborative Research