Business Administration Chairs ProfessorAsli M. COLPAN
Business Leadership Program
- 【Specialized Fields】
- Strategic Management, Corporate Governance, International Business
- Strategic Management: Case Analysis, Corporate Strategy and Organization, Firms and Industrial Organization in Japan, Business Leadership Workshop Ⅰ,Ⅱ
- Received MSC in Textile Management from Leeds University (United Kingdom)and Ph.D. in Engineering from Kyoto Institute of Technology. Held research positions at the Kyoto University Insitute of Economic Research and Doshisha University Institute for Technology, Enterprise and Competitiveness. Kyoto University Hakubi center Associate Professor. Held Visiting Professor post at Harvard business School and MIT.
- Oxford Handbook of Business Groups, Oxford: Oxford University Press,2010
Shareholder Heterogeneity and Conflicting Goals, Journal of Management Studies, 2011
Performance sensitivity of executive pay: The role of foreign investors and affiliated directors in Japan, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2012
Business Groups in the West: Origins, Evolution and Resilience, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018
Business, Ethics and Institutions: The Evolution of Turkish Capitalism in Global Perspectives, New York and London: Routledge, 2020
- For modern businesses to succeed, it is important to take into consideration the unique characteristics of countries and have a balanced view of the global economy. I hope to help students develop such perspectives through my lectures.