Plutus Consulting Endowment (Valuation and Financial Solution) Adjunct Associate ProfessorDaisuke ASAOKA
- 【Specialized Fields】
- Corporate Finance, M&A, Corporate Governance
- Workshop: Cases and financial modeling ( Plutus Consulting endowed Class)
- Dr. Asaoka obtained LL.B. and Ph.D. from the University of Tokyo, and MBA from the University of California at Berkeley, where he graduated in the top 5 percent of his class. After serving at a government financial institution and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, he joined Meiji University in 2018 and Kyoto University in 2019.
- Corporate Finance: A Valuation Approach, NTT Publishing (2006)
Corporate Finance, Nikkei (co-authored, 2022)
“A behavioural-economic perspective on conflicts of interest among shareholders, debtholders, and directors” Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, 33(1), 7-23 (2020)
“Valuation and contractual clauses in M&A” JICPA Journal 32(4), 116-121 (2020)
- Corporate finance is a field where new things are always happening, and where firms’ innovations keep us keenly interested. A key aspect of practiced-based financial theory is that it teaches us the skills needed to make good decisions when facing new problems in a changing environment. With this aim in mind, corporate finance offers useful principles and frameworks for future managers.